Pride is around the corner and Denver is dressed in rainbows. The city buzzes with anticipation for this weekend’s events like the Pride Parade and 5k on Saturday June 15th. Coupled with a weekend long celebration at the Civic Center Park, Denver will be lit! If you’ve never been, make this year the year you GO! Even though Denver Governor Jared Polis signed the bill allowing public consumption, the bill has yet to take into effect. In order to avoid confiscation of your cannabis and potential problems, enjoy a worry-free weekend with a few recommendations.
Top Consumption Methods for Pride Weekend
My go-to/on the fly/discrete choice -edibles. Edibles are absolutely fantastic. Not to mention they come in a variety of forms to suit most dietary restrictions. Either be beverage, gummy, chocolate, bean, mint, powder, edibles are one of the biggest forms of cannabis available on the market. In general, edibles can take up to 2 hours to fully kick in and last anywhere from 2-6 hours depending on your body.
In order to fully enjoy your edible experience, follow my recommended routine:
Take ONE Edible
- For novice to intermediate users, taking one or more edible may land you a visit to the ER. In order to avoid unnecessary doctor visits simply remember – slow and steady.
- By taking my edible no more than two hours before the event, allows me to still “function” as I make the necessary arrangements to get to my destination.
- Also, allowing one edible to dissolve at a time will allow you to better control your high and experience. If you find that you want to elevate your high, you can always bring one edible with you to take before entering the event.
- Edibles are fantastic at making my day more “fun,” by making colors more vibrant and your body relax. Additionally, you care less about obligations and more about the moment. Under those circumstances, you’ll never forget that one time you vibed with the music as you danced with rainbows.
- Now imagine surviving Pride weekend without a headache or hangover because you remembered to always have water available? As a result of taking an edible, I intend to experience cotton mouth. Therefore, always make sure to carry water with you as you explore the city. Sharing with your drunk friends is only an option.
- Even though consuming edibles doesn’t give me traditional munchies, eating under the influence never disappoints. You’re relaxed. You’re enjoying yourself. You’re having such an amazing time. Now, elevate your experience with a nice meal. Savor the flavors and spices as you’ve never relished them before. Denver is home to some amazing finds. We have one of the best dining scenes in the nation.
Choosing the right edible can be confusing! The BEST way to choosing the right edible for you is to come into the Smokin Gun Apothecary and talk to one of our expert Budtenders. However, you’re welcome to explore our online menu here. Otherwise, my recommendations on choosing the ideal edible are as follows:
- Do you want a gummy? Do you like chocolate? Have you always preferred not to taste cannabis whatsoever?
- The edibles at the Smokin Gun are derived from distillate and mask the cannabis flavor well. Mints and tablets are highly effective at experiencing a nice high without consuming gluten or sugar. Ripple powder makes everything an edible.
- If you’re new to cannabis, LESS is more. Consider Canyon Cultivation IT Sucks 1:1 Fruit Punch. Each hard candy piece contains only 2.5 mg THC and 2.5 mg CBD. At 2.5 mg of THC, that’s enough for you feel the sensation that you’re “high” without pushing your body over the edge. You will retain motor function and cognitive control but with less worry and anxiety. Canyon Cultivation is on sale at the Smokin Gun Apothecary June 15-16th – BOGO HALF OFF.
- If you’re a more seasoned cannabis user, 1906 offers beans and chocolate with 5 mg THC. 1906 uses plant medicine in their chocolate to enhance your experience resulting in more stimulation, invigoration and empowerment to control your experience. 1906 is on sale NOW thru June 16th at the Smokin Gun Apothecary – Buy any 1906 chocolate or bean and get your second 1906 item for ONLY $1!
- For those who are heavy tokers such as myself, Cheeba Chews’ taffy comes in single 10 mg dose or 6 pk with 60 mg THC. Choose from fun flavors such as green apple or orange cream. Cheeba Chews on sale at the Smokin Gun Apothecary June 15-16th – BOGO HALF OFF
Vape pens are another fun way of staying discrete in public. They don’t carry the smell of traditional flower and require less equipment. Offering 72% THC on average, vaping is also highly effective at getting you high. Because one disposable vape pen can hold up to 300 mg and 90% THC, you’ll be able to maintain your high all day long. Since over the years vaping has become more sophisticated you choose your flavor, potency and size. On sale June 15-16th – All Mezz vape cartridges, batteries,disposable pens and shorties are BOGO Half Off
Lastly, I have a sneaky suspicion that for a few of you, the idea of edibles and vaping seem too alien. You’re the OG of smokers. You’ve used flower all your life, why start changing now? Fortunately for you, we have something for everyone. We believe you deserve options so enjoy from June 15-16th at the Smokin Gun – Bubble Joints are BOGO Half Off and Happy Daze $89 Ounces on select strains (Mix or Match).
Smokin Gun Apothecary Pride
We at the Smokin Gun Apothecary closely relate to the values and morals demonstrated in the LBGTQ community. Sadly, our trans brothers and sisters continue to struggle to live in peace each and every single day. We see you. We know you. Therefore, allow us to extend our warmest welcome. All is family at the Smokin Gun Apothecary. We invite you to join us as we light the way to liberty!
Before you head out to enjoy Pride weekend, make sure to stop by the Smokin Gun Apothecary on 492 S. Colorado Blvd, Glendale to stock up on your cannabis needs. Our crew will be dressed to the occasion with killer deals. Be safe but most importantly – party on!